- Students & Families
The Washington Unified School District is seeking volunteers who support our mission to support students in a community promoting family involvement, strong partnership, and school pride. Volunteer assistance in schools can significantly enrich the educational program, improve supervision of students, contribute to school safety, and strengthen relationships.
Community involvement is essential to the success of the District. We believe that volunteer efforts support our belief that individuals require community to thrive and we build responsibility through participation and service. We welcome all volunteers ready to contribute to the success of school events, activities, and daily learning experiences.
For the safety and well-being of students, the District requires all volunteers to complete the outlined process including a background clearance.
Required steps to become a volunteer...
*Required documents to be considered for volunteer clearance:
- Volunteer Status Request Form with signature of the school's administrator (in Volunteer Packet)
- Completed Volunteer Emergency Card (in Volunteer Packet)
- Current Negative TB Test (dated within the past 60 days) or Chest X-Ray
- Copy of a state issued identification
- Background clearance completed through Live Scan Fingerprinting.
**All documents listed above must be turned in with Human Resources before we can provide a Live Scan form.
Also, please be prepared to take a picture for your Volunteer Badge.**
If you have questions, please contact:
Alex E. Perez
(916) 375 - 7600 ext. 1045 or email@example.com