- Our School
- About Elkhorn
- Bell Schedule
- California School Dashboard
- Exemplary Educators
- Policies & Procedures
- School Accountability Report Card
- School Nurse
Building Effective Schools Together
Students who have shown positive behavior and meet criteria will be rewarded with a special treat or rally every quarter.
Behavior Policy & Procedures
- Be Safe
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
All Elkhorn students are expected to be:
- ready to learn
- on time
- respectful and courteous
- focused and on task
- in designated areas
In order to ensure this, all students are required to follow the school-wide discipline policy. We believe that students need to be in the classroom, fully engaged and actively participating in their learning. Elkhorn teachers have in place a behavior management policy in their classrooms.
- Verbal Warning
- Time Out / Seat Change
- Quick Conversation Outside
- Buddy Classroom and Reflection
- If a student does not change their behavior, the teacher may then fill out an office referral form and send the student to the office for further action.
Cell Phone Policy/Procedure
- 1st time taken away, the student may pick up it up at the end of the school day.
- 2nd time taken away, a parent/guardian may pick up at the end of the day.
- 3rd time taken away, parent/guardian may pick up at the end of the semester.
- 4th time taken away, parent/guardian may pick up at the end of the last day of school.
Other School-Wide Procedures
Bullying and/or harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
Elkhorn Village School is not responsible for lost or stolen electronic devices of any kind. We recommend these devices stay at home. If you choose to bring these items; you do so at your own risk.
NO gum allowed.
NO PDA (Public Displays of Affection). No kissing, holding hands, making out.
Hallways are safe and quiet zones-Students are expected to walk on the marked yellow lines in order and quietly. No running.
Students must be in a designated area at all times. No loitering in hallways.
Students must be safe when using playground equipment
Keep Elkhorn clean! It’s everyones job to keep Elkhorn clean.
Bikes, skateboards, roller skates, scooters are NOT to be ridden on campus; students must walk their tool of transportation.
Students are to follow directions of all school staff.