Elkhorn Village is a UNIFORM SCHOOL!
In May 2009, the Washington Unified School District Board of Education adopted a district-wide uniform policy. The district policy is strictly enforced. All students in grade K-8th are to be in uniform every day.
WUSD Uniform Policy
- Solid white or navy blue collar or polo shirt
- Solid white or navy blue blouse with collar
- Solid khaki
- Navy blue
- Black pants/shorts/jumpers/skirts/dress
- Elkhorn logo shirts are permitted
- Shorts and skirts on girls must be of appropriate length.
- NO JEANS
- Sweat pants, basketball shorts, and leggings are not uniform pants and are not allowed.
- J.C. Penny
- Old Navy
Basic Rules for Dressing
- Students should dress in clean clothing that is appropriate for learning. Common sense, safety, and practicality should be observed. Students need to dress to allow for participation in ALL school activities, including physical education. Any time a student is out of uniform they will be sent down to the office where they may choose to wear a loner uniform or call home for their own uniform. If they are unable to be in uniform for the day, they will lose recess times.
- All tops/shirts must cover the upper body including the belly-button and back- no tank tops, mesh shirts, half shorts, open-back dresses/shirts.
- Spaghetti straps (straps that are less than ½ inch wide) are not accepted nor are sagging pants.
- NO HATS OR CAPS ARE ALLOWED IN-DOORS!
Clothing Items, Accessories, and Colors that are NOT Permitted
- No color RED, including shoes/shoelaces
- No open toed shoes/sandals/flip-flops/slippers
- No clothing, including hats, displaying inappropriate language, pictures, or symbols
- No sagging pants/shorts
- No spaghetti straps/tank tops/half tops
- No make-up
- No hoop or dangling earrings, nose rings, lip rings, facial "bolts", gauges, or any kind of facial piercing
- No visible tattoos
- No other clothing items that would compromise the safety of our students